Are you looking for an experienced and reputable Strata Manager?
Good strata managers work closely with the Council of Owners and have strong accounting systems to assist in raising levy invoices, tracking arrears, paying accounts, attending to budgets, meetings, and reporting.
A strata manager should work through an audited trust account and be able to offer sound legislative advice to the Council of Owners as well as attend to maintenance and insurance matters as required by the Council of Owners.
Many strata complexes suffer from poor management and an inadequate understanding by the strata manager of the legislative and operating requirements of the strata manager. A strata manager and a property manager in Perth are not the same. Each has a different structure and legislation that guides them.
WHAT GOW PROPERTY DOES BETTER!
- A smoothly run office because of experienced and dedicated staff.
- A zero-tolerance approach to rent arrears.
- Use of top technology to provide fast and accurate service.
- Strata Managers who are focused on the owner’s requirements.
- Strata Managers who respond to the requirements of the Council of Owners and advise on ongoing maintenance and insurance matters.
- Conduct regular Annual General Meetings and Extraordinary Meetings when required.
To request a strata management proposal click HERE.
Gow Property are experts in Strata Title Management
The Strata Management team, headed up by Christine Gow, comprises of 3 full-time Strata Managers, 2 full-time assistants, and a dedicated trust accounts manager. Together they manage over 110 strata communities ranging from residential units, retail shopping centers, light, and heavy industrial complexes, and mixed developments ranging in size from 3 to 75 lots
Our strata management services in this area include:
- Establish and register the strata constitution
- Hold the required annual meetings at our offices
- Keep minutes and records.
- Arrange for collection of strata levies and hold these levies in a trust account
- Arrange insurance, maintenance, etc of the common areas.
- Assist in dispute resolution.
- Maintain an independent presence.
To learn more about our strata management services click HERE.
Problems and expectations of Strata Property Managers
COMMON PROBLEMS ASSOCIATED WITH SOME STRATA MANAGERS
- Doing the accounts from a shoebox – MANUALLY??
- Not keeping control of arrears.
- Hiding their fees behind numerous ancillary charges to give the impression that they are a low-cost manager.
- Not sending out levy notices when due.
- Unrealistic budgets.
- Closes down for 4 weeks over Xmas and has no emergency contact number.
- Can’t handle emergency calls after 4.30 pm or over weekends.
WHAT YOU SHOULD EXPECT FROM YOUR STRATA MANAGER
- Levy notices sent electronically and on time
- Transparency with the fees
- Sound advice to the Council of Owners on
- Running of Meetings
- Accounts and Budgets
- Suitably sized Reserve Fund
- Follow up on lot owners in arrears
- A sound computer system
- An ability to look after your filing both electronically and on paper. This will require high-speed scanning and archiving facilities.
- Has an open office over Xmas and can handle emergency calls after hours?