Gow Property offers a range of services for the benefit of prospective residential property buyers and sellers; existing residential property owners who rent out their houses and prospective and existing tenants. We operate throughout the metropolitan area and specialise in the area from East Perth to Scarborough to Fremantle.
1. Property Management
Our Company specialises in Property Management. We have four property managers who each handle a portfolio of residential properties. Unlike some agencies, we insist that each manager control all aspects of the rental property (finding tenants, inspections, reference checks, bonds, issuing of breach notices, court appearance where necessary and liaison with owners). To enable the manager to do this quickly and efficiently, we provide a high quality of fast computer hardware and software, several support staff (accounts, administration, filing and reception) and strong supervisory support. In summary the services provided by our property managers are:
- Advertising vacant properties for suitable tenants (newspapers, web, handouts, faxing details, info numbers)
- We accompany prospective tenants through rental properties and never hand out keys!
- Vetting prospective tenants (interviews, reference checks, REIWA bad tenant data base)
- Collecting rent and ensuring it is paid on time.
- Breaching tenants when in arrears and ensuring compliance with the State legal requirements
- Inspecting properties on a regular basis to ensure tenants maintain the property
- Evicting tenants who fail to maintain a property.
- Completing detailed start of tenancy inspections and end of tenancy inspections (Bond inspections and Property Condition Reports)
- Arranging for lodgement of tenant bonds and deductions of moneys for damage when a tenant terminates his/her tenancy.
- Attending to the occasional court appearance on behalf of an owner should a problem arise relating to a property.
- Keeping detailed records
- Attending to property maintenance within guidelines established with owners.
- Obtaining competitive quotes from our sub contractors for any maintenance work.
Most of the above work is accomplished through good communications and relationships developed between the property manager, the tenant and the owner.
We also provide a residential sales service for people wishing to sell their property. Having worked in the suburbs around Shenton Park for over 14 years, our Company is well able to sell your property at the best price. We do not inflate prices (“buy the listing”) to attract a seller but provide realistic information and price based on local knowledge, recent sales and realistic appraisals.
A summary of our sales service:
- Free Market appraisals
- A REIWA approved selling authority for property sellers which is a legal agreement offering sellers maximum security.
- Advertising (Newspapers, web, handouts, signs)
- Home opens and inspections
- A large potential buyer base from amongst our existing owner client base.
- Negotiation with potential buyers on behalf of owners
- Assisting buyers with the Offer and Acceptance Agreement
- Arrange building inspections, valuations, termite inspections etc should they be required in the sale process.
- Maintaining a close link with a property seller on all aspects of the sale.
- Assisting a seller with suitable settlement agencies.
- Completing the correspondence necessary when a sale takes place (settlement agency, strata company, tenants, insurance, etc)
- Assisting the buyer to take possession in the most expedient and practical manner.
- Holding deposits in the Company’s trust account.
Our rates are competitive and our personalised service one of the best in Perth.
3. Buyer Representative
We will act on behalf of a person intending to buy a property. Often, having a real estate agent involved in the buying process can be of great benefit. Local knowledge, price awareness and property condition can be assist a buyer to obtain the best. This service costs the buyer nothing. The commission paid to the selling agent is split between the selling agent and the buyers agent- a process commonly known as “conjunctions”
Unlike Sydney and Melbourne, Perth property sellers prefer to sell their properties on a negotiated sale basis using a system of bidding and counter bidding to arrive at an agreed price. However, sometimes a property has that “something extra” which is difficult to price. In such an instance, an auction is the best way to let the market determine the price.
Gow Property will arrange for a suitable auctioneer together with the necessary advertising for the sale of the property. Following the auction, as part of the service, our Company will assist with all the arrangements for settlement and transfer.
5. Strata Management
We currently manage over 30 Strata Companies on behalf of some 300 owners. This growing area of property management can be extremely difficult with increasing legal responsibilities on owners and strata managers. Our services in this area include:
- Establish and register the strata constitution
- Hold the required annual meetings at our offices
- Keep minutes and records.
- Arrange for collection of strata levies and hold these levies in a trust account
- Arrange insurance, maintenance etc of the common areas.
- Assist in dispute resolution.
- Maintain an independent presence.
6. Memberships and Associations
Our Company believes in the importance of holding memberships to the relevant professional and industry organisations. The advantages offered to our customers in doing so are:
- Offers our clients satisfaction that our Company operates within established guidelines
- Ensures our Company is up to date on legal and commercial issues.
- Provides industry lobby groups which ensure the Real Estate Industry is represented and the public obtain the best service
- Provides excellent training facilities for our staff on all aspects of real estate
- Provides “networking” services
- Ensures members operate to an ethical standard
Gow Property is currently a member of: